How in the world did you find me?

If you are here reading this I hope you enjoy my pages of silly blogs. I do it for self entertainment and amuse myself with silly banter. If you do enjoy these, goofy, random, thoughts then God help you! Feel free to contact me. I am a gabby old man and have many interests!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Childhood.

The Baby boomer generation were raised by parents that always wanted, "more" and "better", for thier children, than they had, while growing up. We had more luxuries than they yet not in excess. What they did not realise was the great nieghborhoods..., schools, out door games, childhood friends and memories, they were giving us.Is way more than a bicycle, ball glove or any possesions. For the most our child hoods are full of great memories of love and friends, outdoor games, not stuff. (Kick the can, Red Rover, Sand Lot baseball. Hide and seek and many more) I don't wish to give my son more than I had, I wish him at least half of the fun and good friends I have and had in my life. For the first generation in USA history, I think the kids are getting less than the parents got. Not by means of posseisons, but the freedom and independence of wandering the nieghborhood and scuffling with others in fun and in battle. Having a freinds back, meeting an enemy and becoming his/her friend. Just in general I am trying to say "I don't want more for my son than I had. I would wish, with all my heart, for his life to be as rich with family, friends, fun and discovery as mine."! Just an older Dude jotting some Phil Donahue feelings and stuff down.

No comments:

Post a Comment